Tuesday 20 September 2011

Beamer themes

I enjoy using Beamer for my presentations. Initially, the limitations it imposes (particularly on graphics placement) are irksome, but after a while you realise that they actually help you create better presentations faster. I've tried 'quickly' putting together something in PowerPoint since starting to use Beamer and found it so fiddly that I went straight back and did it all in Beamer. However: I still find the themes and colour schemes provided in the base distribution of beamer to be less than ideal, and disobey the university's guidelines for presentations. As I garner the skills to start preparing my own themes, a list of customised Beamer themes will provide inspiration and guidance. In particular, I like the look of the Torino theme.

1 comment:

Samuel Brown said...

I just stumbled across this page on Google Code that seems like it might be useful.